Tuesday 29 March 2011

Spring

I love Spring, and today is Spring. The snow is melting, the sun is shining and it is beautiful. I went for a walk, and just watched the waters flow. I could do that for hours.
I love the sound, and it is a picture of hope. As I was out there I thought of a poem (which would be a song if I was musical) which I wrote 4 years ago. I think I wrote it in the spring.

You send snow down
Like wool to the earth
You send snow down
And Lord, it’s cold
You send snow down
Chunks of ice
You send snow down
Frost that bites

Who can stand?
You send snow down.
Who can stand
Your icy blasts?
Who can stand
Against your order?
Who can stand
Against your hand?

You send order
Unto this earth
You send order
And Lord it hurts
You send order
Against this land
You send order
Lord give me your hand

Who can stand?
You send order.
Who can stand
Against your plan?
Who can stand
Against your order?
Who can stand
Against your hand?

Send your breath Lord, take my hand
Send your breeze and help me stand
Say a word and all will melt
At your breath the waters flow
Waters flow again
Waters flow.

See Psalm 147

2 comments:

  1. You are an amazing poet, Yeti. This was beautiful and great, all wrapped up together. Thank you!

    And, you wrote you are a youth worker. What exactly does that mean? teacher? mentor? counselor? tutor?

    and, I, like you, also love spring. It is heavenly finally getting rid of all the cold and getting some warmth back into our souls. :)

    Happy day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not a teacher, but I do some mentoring, some unofficial and untrained counseling, a bit of tutoring, some club leading and well, whatever else comes my way.

    ReplyDelete