Thursday 17 March 2011

I got a secret... I am afraid that if you know me you will not love me.

Ever since my last post I have been realising that I am afraid to be all that honest, about who I am, on this blog spot. I am afraid that then I will not be loved or accepted. Well, I hope that is not true, and I reckon I need not have that fear. If I am honest about who I am, and people do not like that then at least they are choosing not to like me for me and not some fake me. I am sure not everyone is going to like me, but that shouldn’t stop me from being myself. With that being said... who am I? How would I describe myself?
I don’t know.
But I know what’s important to me.
-Jesus
-People
-Living intentionally
-Living communally
-Living missionally
-Glimpses of that which is beyond my comprehension
-Sleeping as much as possible
-Creating
-Being active
-Eating tasty food
-The Bible
-Embracing diversity
-Living ethically
-Profound thoughts and deep conversation
-Rest
-The Earth
Well, I am sure that there are more things, but that is all that have come to my mind right now. I bothers me a little how we often define others by their occupation. I remember the point being made that we are human beings, and not human doings. Who am I? Recently I have felt rather young and childish. My desire is to shrink from all responsibilities. I long to be carefree. Unfortunately I have been rather busy. I am a people pleaser. I just want everyone to be happy. I am rebellious. I have never been fond of authority, yet I am afraid of them, and still a people pleaser. I challenge the status-quo.

2 comments:

  1. I love you! I don't know all there is to know, and I don't even need to. The fact that you are trying to be YOU is inspiring to me. Thank you for sharing you!

    ReplyDelete