Sunday 16 June 2019

Carry on (581-789)

  1. I'm thankful that my dad grew up in Bolivia. 
  2. Thankful for the trips he took me on. 
  3. For the bit of knowledge that I have about this vast world 
  4. DQ ice cream cakes. 
  5. My experiences in different countries. 
  6. Modern medicine. 
  7. SJ breathing by my side. 
  8. Nose hill. 
  9. Big comfy rocks. 
  10. Gentle wind. 
  11. Crepes
  12. Bottle depots. 
  13. To be able to choose if I want to go to church or not, without having that choice motivated by guilt. 
  14. Healthy pizza with zucchini on it. 
  15. I am thankful for my mom. 
  16. Her work ethic. 
  17. Her moral standards. 
  18. Her generosity. 
  19. Her love for me, even when she doesn't like all my choices. 
  20. The summers we spent on Salt Spring Island so she could work. 
  21. Her eccentric ways. 
  22. Her enjoyment of pickleball. 
  23. The peaceful house in which I grew up
  24. I'm thankful that it does get above 20 degrees in Alberta. 
  25. For the buds on the trees growing into leaves. 
  26. Pizza for every meal of the day.  
  27. Sleeping in, but still getting to work on time. 
  28. Queer film festival to remind me that I am not alone. 
  29. Grey's Anatomy. That it shows sexual orientation as just a part of life. 
  30. Interesting conversations that I can eavesdrop on. 
  31. The comfort SJ gives me in the middle of the night 
  32. Funny interactions with students. 
  33. The students enjoyment of the field trip. 
  34. That my students drew rainbows today. 
  35. Happy students. 
  36. That my students drew my dad with green hair. 
  37. My job
  38. Each of my students. 
  39. A student who is no longer at the school, but who I saw today. 
  40. For the goodness I found in the LDS church. 
  41. For a belief that God is our heavenly and perfectly loving parent. 
  42. For the ability to step away from the church.
  43. For formal separation. 
  44. For friends who are still my friends 
  45. For 128 stairs in the new library. 
  46. Thankful for the lilac festival. 
  47. I am thankful I could attend G's piano recital. 
  48. Music
  49. Free ice cream. 
  50. The film "Tell it to the Bees"
  51. That I was able to watch a second film for free. 
  52. The stories of people who have lived before me. 
  53. That I feel so safe with SJ and can fall asleep on her lap. 
  54. That I could invite my grandparents to our wedding. 
  55. Blood donation 
  56. I am thankful that gay people are people too. Just like anyone else. 
  57. I am thankful for kind strangers. 
  58. That I planned my lessons ahead for work. 
  59. Languages. All of them. 
  60. Humanity. All our basic connections that keep us together. 
  61. Rain that reduces wild fires. 
  62. That I got to sleep in today. 
  63. That I changed my windshield wipers
  64. Freedom to believe differently. 
  65. The ability to have friends who are different than me. 
  66. First responders who look after those in need. 
  67. Decisions made about our wedding. 
  68. Plans we have for food. 
  69. Clouds and blue skies. 
  70. I am thankful for the trust I have in Sandra. 
  71. I am thankful that she made me salad. 
  72. For food that doesn't make me feel worse.
  73. I am thankful for creative ways that the Internet gives us to express love. 
  74. I am thankful SJ had breakfast with me today. 
  75. And she made my lunch. 
  76. She made the bed. 
  77. She packed me cookies. 
  78. She sent me messages.  
  79. She's waiting for me at home. 
  80. She loves me unconditionally. 
  81. She values our relationship. 
  82. She values me. 
  83. My thankful for how she makes me feel. 
  84. For cool weather. 
  85. For the way G taught me to observe. 
  86. For scientific ways of viewing the world. 
  87. That I have no desire to drink alcohol. 
  88. That I avoided drugs when growing up. 
  89. I'm thankful for experts in teaching English. 
  90. I'm thankful for extra training.
  91. I'm thankful for extra hours at work.
  92. I am thankful for the assessments I got marked. 
  93. I am thankful for my experiences in a courthouse as a youth worker. 
  94. I am thankful for my experiences in the courthouse with my students. 
  95. I'm thankful for learningchocolate. 
  96. Esl-lab
  97. The many online resources. 
  98. I'm thankful for my increased motivation to do my job well. 
  99. I am grateful to be able to empower people through language. 
  100. I'm thankful for parents who love their children. 
  101. And children who love their parents. 
  102. Chocolate. 
  103. Snacks at trainings. 
  104. A variety of weather. 
  105. Oreos in my sister's cupboard. 
  106. The prairies of Alberta. 
  107. Pride rainbows. 
  108. Awkward conversations with coworkers about gender markers. 
  109. Conversations with students about gender. 
  110. Material I have planned for tomorrow.
  111. Presenters who can speak with our students. 
  112. Ideas that inspire. 
  113. Flowers that are purple and blue. 
  114. My sister's garden
  115. Raspberry plants
  116. Watermelon
  117. That I can enjoy "almost sunshine"
  118. There is a bathroom in my house and I am almost at my house. 
  119. The sound of water
  120. Fresh air
  121. My daily walk to and from the bus
  122. That water always manages to make a path 
  123. The way SJ looks at me. 
  124. That she is feeling better. 
  125. Opportunities to babysit 
  126. I'm thankful for crossword puzzles. 
  127. That I am getting better at crosswords. 
  128. SJ's visa was extended!!!
  129. New words my students learn. 
  130. Safe travels of 1000 km in two days. 
  131. Ice cream on sale!
  132. SJ's understanding of my not wanting to spend much money. 
  133. Seeing my coworker today who normally doesn't work mornings. 
  134. That I am generally not working evenings anymore. 
  135. Meeting SJ's cousin. 
  136. Connecting with children. 
  137. That I slept well last night, even though it was short. 
  138. That my blood work looks good. 
  139. Afternoon naps. 
  140. OPD
  141. No pressure about SJ having to leave the country. 
  142. Friends who are willing to help. 
  143. Friends who are willing to come visit. 
  144. Another teacher on the bus, so I can figure I am not late. 
  145. Bottle refunds. 
  146. Hands, so I can hold SJ's hands. 
  147. The coat I got for free. 
  148. Used goods that are sold for cheap. 
  149. Long car trips when I can talk with SJ for a long time. 
  150. Bikes. 
  151. People who care about their children. 
  152. My legs that can walk. 
  153. Breakfast
  154. Chocolate chips for breakfast 
  155. Free food at meetings. 
  156. Free meetings to teach me. 
  157. Thankful for laughter. 
  158. Thankful when my students laugh. 
  159. I am thankful for SJ, that she is home every night. 
  160. I am thankful that she holds me when I am anxious,
  161. And when I feel depressed. 
  162. I am thankful everything for our wedding is ordered. 
  163. Thankful that we are having a small wedding. 
  164. Thankful for my family members who are willing to come, even if they will feel uncomfortable. 
  165. I'm thankful for those who are excited about our wedding. 
  166. I am thankful that K will bring her kids. 
  167. To live in a multicultural city. 
  168. To never worry if I will have good to eat. 
  169. For Just Right. 
  170. For salad SJ made me. 
  171. For technology to connect with friends. 
  172. For every moment I spend with SJ
  173. For our moments of laughter. 
  174. Downtown 
  175. Everyone I can invite to our wedding 
  176. Everyone I want to invite to our wedding, even if I can't invite them. 
  177. A small wedding, even if that means we cannot many people. 
  178. BBQ 
  179. Meeting new people. 
  180. Naps on SJ's lap. 
  181. That we are all humans. 
  182. People who carry on in life's journey, even though the journey is hard. 
  183. People who have supported me in life. 
  184. My camp director who was always very supportive. 
  185. The times he told me that he likes the way I think. 
  186. His way of encouraging me and others. 
  187. Dads who spend time with their children. 
  188. SJ's openness and willingness to share about life with others. 
  189. That she will soon be my wife. 
  190. The married lesbian couple we met last night, suggesting marriage is possible for us too. 
  191. Fireflies. 
  192. Tomato plants. 
  193. The computer lab at work for days when I am feeling less creative. 
  194. Running shoes. 
  195. Semi formal shoes that I can wear to work. 
  196. The happy times we will have today. 
  197. The chance to go to an accepting church. 
  198. The stories in the Bible which motivate others to do good. 
  199. Other religious texts when they are used for good. 
  200. Freedom to believe, or not believe. 
  201. Churches which allow people to be flexible in their beliefs. 
  202. Churches which encourage questioning. 
  203. For those brave enough to start the pride movement and pride parades. 
  204. Shoelaces. 
  205. People who accept that different families are different and different is beautiful. 
  206. Families who accept their gay children. 
  207. Friends who accept their gay friends. 
  208. I'm thankful that everybody is different. 
  209. I'm thankful for those who believe that God's promises are for all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment