Saturday 25 May 2019

Before it passes (352-580)

When I was in England I became very grateful for the sun, because the sun was so rare.  It has been rainy, and as I went hiking I was expecting cold weather, my only hope was that it wouldn't rain.  I prepared with lots of warm clothes. I was completely surprised when it was warm and sunny.  The sun made me so happy.  Today is my dad's birthday.  I was thinking about all the reason I am thankful for him.  I am grateful for my dad and all the good he brought into m life.  As I was reflecting with gratitude, I was reminded of the importance of being thankful now, not waiting until the good is gone.  

  1. I am grateful SJ understands me. 
  2. I am grateful she appreciates my art work. 
  3. I am thankful she appreciates my stories. 
  4. I am grateful she likes talking to me.
  5. I am grateful she wants to know me and understand me better. 
  6. I am grateful that she understands that I am not a night person.
  7. I am thankful for sunshine. 
  8. I am thankful that I didn't burn down my house today. 
  9. I am thankful we were able to video chat with SJ's parents. 
  10. I am grateful for my friend B and that I was able to message with her today. 
  11. I am thankful for cozy PJs. 
  12. I am SJ and I can babysit together. 
  13. I am thankful when my students laugh at my jokes. 
  14. I am thankful when I can be myself.
  15. I am thankful for my other friend B, and camels. 
  16. I am thankful that the days are getting warmer. 
  17. I am thankful that the days are getting longer. 
  18. I am thankful for pretty places to walk
  19. I am thankful Day are getting longer
  20. And warmer. 
  21. I am thankful for good chat with my friend S. 
  22. I am thankful for friends who can give advice about immigration. 
  23. I am thankful for every moment I get to spend with SJ. 
  24. I am thankful that I got to celebrate St. Patricia's day with my students. 
  25. I am thankful for yummy cake. 
  26. I am thankful that I know how to bake. 
  27. I am thankful for my bed. 
  28. I am thankful to be able to walk. 
  29. I am thankful for the quick bus ride to work. 
  30. I am grateful that my upstairs neighbours are generally quite. 
  31. I am thankful for big windows in my house. 
  32. I am thankful we had friends over to our new place. 
  33. I am thankful that the dog who lives upstairs is gentle. 
  34. I am thankful for the location of my house. 
  35. I am grateful that we found a nice route to walk. 
  36. I am thankful I will get to work on time.  
  37. I am thankful when my students have fun in Class. 
  38. I am grateful that work is done. 
  39. I am thankful when teachers ask me to sub. 
  40. I am thankful for Timbits. 
  41. I am thankful for dreams. 
  42. I am thankful our house feels like a home. 
  43. I am thankful for blankets and heaters. 
  44. I am thankful that our upstairs neighbours don't smoke in the house. 
  45. I am thankful they have cars so we can guess if they are home or not. 
  46. I am thankful for the many cultures in my city. 
  47. I am thankful I was able to talk openly with my friend. 
  48. I am thankful for simple wedding plans. 
  49. I am thankful SJ will greet me at home. 
  50. I am thankful that she is so understanding. 
  51. I am thankful that the ice is melting. 
  52. I am thankful for games I played that I can now use in my class. 
  53. I am thankful for my new house coat. 
  54. I am thankful for my new purple sweater. 
  55. I am grateful that I was able to finish my artwork. 
  56. I am grateful for our pots and pans. 
  57. I am grateful for SJ's Smile and laughter. 
  58. I am grateful for jokes. 
  59. I am thankful for change, repentance and second chances. 
  60. I am really grateful for my job. 
  61. I am thankful that no one got injured today. 
  62. I am grateful that SJ likes it when I sing. 
  63. I'm thankful that I find some comfort in prayer. 
  64. Thankful for another opportunity to sub. 
  65. Thankful for students who give positive feedback. 
  66. Thankful for a seat on the bus. 
  67. Thankful I can see my doctor for free!
  68. I am thankful that o feel better today than yesterday. 
  69. I am thankful for pretty places. 
  70. I am thankful for food. 
  71. I am thankful for my students researching about the upcoming election. 
  72. I am thankful for each of my teeth. 
  73. I am thankful for love which can be found in unusual places. 
  74. I am thankful for marriage commissioners. 
  75. I am thankful for snacks from my students. 
  76. I am thankful that I got free maps. 
  77. I am thankful that I am getting married!
  78. I am thankful to love someone. 
  79. I am thankful for buses. 
  80. I am thankful for government money given to my job. 
  81. I am thankful I got paid. 
  82. I am thankful for friends. 
  83. I am thankful for people who are excited about my wedding. 
  84. I am thankful that I am getting married to the girl I love. 
  85. I am thankful for equality laws in Canada. 
  86. I am thankful friendly marriage commissioners. 
  87. I am thankful for the one who will marry us. 
  88. I am thankful for her beautiful location. 
  89. I am thankful for her open and accepting nature. 
  90. Today 
  91. That we have bicycles to ride
  92. For SJ to ride bicycles with me
  93. I am thankful that I have muscles to be sore
  94. Alberta
  95. National Parks
  96. I am getting married in five weeks
  97. Cascade ponds
  98. My adventurous girl
  99. Cows Ice cream
  100. Sunscreen 
  101. Lake Louise 
  102. Snow in May
  103. Gorp and Dates
  104. Hiking 
  105. Blue Skies
  106. Mountain Views
  107. Trails and Trail Guides
  108. Refundable Bottles
  109. Elk 
  110. Ground Squirrels and Gophers
  111. Rainy Days that make me appreciate the sunshine 
  112. Rainbows
  113. Green Grass
  114. To teach to beginners
  115. Water, the sort that flows
  116. Frozen Lakes
  117. Canadian Traffic Laws
  118. Confidence when I drive 
  119. Best Copilot ever 
  120. Snacks
  121. Double chocolate cookies
  122. Apple and strawberry Pie
  123. Days off in the middle of the week
  124. I am thankful for churches
  125. Friendly people who help us feel welcome
  126. Free Food
  127. Free Ice cream sandwiches 
  128. That the bike path between Banff and Canmore is pretty flat
  129. Air conditioner in cars
  130. Heating in cars 
  131. That the census will be done soon
  132. I am thankful for my professor who keeps in contact with me
  133. For friends that I've known for a long time
  134. Thrift stores 
  135. Every time I see a posted speed limit sign
  136. Cheerios
  137. For my friend D who keeps fighting even the life is hard
  138. For inspirational quotes
  139. Riley Armstrong 
  140. Tegan and Sara 
  141. Feist 
  142. SJ has a place she loves to volunteer
  143. That SJ volunteers with me
  144. Advice from coworkers 
  145. Lip Balm
  146. Friendly drivers who wait for me to run for the bus. 
  147. Banana muffins in the freezer. 
  148. A seat in the bus. 
  149. I can run. 
  150. Friday is wear jeans to work day. 
  151. Leaves on the trees
  152. Tulips blooming. 
  153. It feels like spring. 
  154. The relative safety I experience here. 
  155. Rain. Particularly forest fire preventing rain. 
  156. Almost friendly encounter with my neighbour. 
  157. Bike helmets. 
  158. The friendly next door neighbours (who might be a lesbian couple)
  159. Clean streets. 
  160. Accepting churches where I can hold SJ's hand. 
  161. Chocolate for free at work. 
  162. Candy at work. 
  163. Excited students. 
  164. My desk at work. 
  165. Friendly coworkers. 
  166. My laptop. 
  167. Computer lab times. 
  168. Canada post. 
  169. The friends of my friends who support them. 
  170. Rainbows painted places. 
  171. Train announcements. 
  172. My blouse for my wedding. It came all the way from Mexico. 
  173. We have wedding shoes
  174. We have wedding pants
  175. We have plates and napkins for our wedding. 
  176. I am thankful for white chocolate chips that make SJ happy. 
  177. I am thankful for toothpaste and toothbrushes. 
  178. I'm thankful for gratitude. 
  179. For the strength to open my eyes today,
  180. The ability to see goodness. 
  181. Mayday trees. 
  182. Games like Imaginiff. 
  183. Bubble tea. 
  184. Omelettes. 
  185. My friend J. Her willingness to be open with us. 
  186. Toilets. 
  187. Public washrooms. 
  188. Indoor plumbing. 
  189. That I can journal a bit in Spanish. 
  190. Opportunities to practice Spanish. 
  191. I am thankful for choices. I can choose to bus or drive. 
  192. I'm thankful for lesbians, that I am not alone in the world. 
  193. For the example of those who have gone before me. 
  194. Long hours of daylight
  195. Every hug and cuddle from SJ. 
  196. Those who have fought for freedoms, human rights and permission to love whom we love. 
  197. Cameras. The ability to take and print photos. 
  198. Memories. 
  199. Phone cameras. 
  200. I am thankful that I can change. 
  201. Thankful for the relationship that SJ has with her mom. 
  202. And my mom. 
  203. And my daddy. 
  204. Thankful for the moments near the end of his life when he was happy. 
  205. For the hikes we went on together. 
  206. For his gentle nature. 
  207. For his faith which kept him going. 
  208. For his smile. 
  209. For his hugs and cuddles. 
  210. I am thankful for each of the many stories that he read me before I slept. 
  211. I'm thankful for the times he tickled my toes to wake me up. 
  212. For his beard. 
  213. I am thankful to those who complimented his soccer skills and called him a super goal tender. 
  214. I'm thankful for his knowledge of Spanish. 
  215. For the language he taught me. 
  216. The mountains we summited together. 
  217. For his characteristic white hair. 
  218. For his great calm voice. 
  219. His willingness to try cooking. 
  220. Junk food on camping trips. 
  221. The stories my dad told me about his brother. 
  222. Smitty's
  223. Edson. 
  224. Jasper. 
  225. Cavity mountain. 
  226. Rain, especially when it means no forest fires. 
  227. I'm grateful for second chances. 
  228. I'm grateful for mercy and grace, that we don't need to be perfect our first try at something. 
  229. I am grateful for my aunt J. 

No comments:

Post a Comment