Sunday 6 January 2019

Thankful 1-39

I woke up, January 1stand went into the bathroom. There I cupped my hands and drank water from the tap. As I did, I felt grateful, grateful to be able to drink water straight from the tap. I decided in 2019, I want to come up with 2019 reasons for gratitude. That is, on average, 39 a week. Here are the first 39:

  1. I am thankful to live where I can drink water from the tap. 
  2. I am thankful for snow. 
  3. I am thankful for my nephew G, and that he always wants me to go back to his house. 
  4. I am thankful for cuddles from my niece J. 
  5. I am thankful for children's books. 
  6. I am thankful my niece M. likes me. 
  7. I am thankful my BIL J likes to drive and take care of my car. 
  8. I am thankful for my Grandma, and that she cooked for me. 
  9. I am thankful for my grandpa, for all his skills. 
  10. I am thankful for my sister and her patience with me. 
  11. I am thankful for my aunt and her experiences and knowledge which she is willing to share with me. 
  12. I am thankful for my job, even though I am feeling anxious about going back to work. 
  13. I am thankful I have had a break from work, and a chance to sleep a lot. 
  14. I am thankful for Saskatchewan. 
  15. I am thankful I can skate. 
  16. I am thankful for puzzles.
  17. I am thankful for messages from SJ that remind me of how much she loves me. 
  18. I am thankful that I can look forward to January 23, and that it is not too many days away. 
  19. I am grateful for vehicles that allow us to visit family. 
  20. I am grateful that planes make Mexico not so far away. 
  21. I am thankful for S and K, that they could meet each other and love each other
  22. Every time my tummy hurts, I try to remember to be thankful for my tummy. 
  23. Every time my heart hurts, I am thankful I have someone I can love so much, even if missing her hurts. 
  24. I am thankful for messenger, that it allows me to stay in contact with people I care about. 
  25. I am grateful for Skype, and for video chats with my girl. 
  26. I am thankful for my bed. 
  27. I am thankful for fog, because it is beautiful. 
  28. I am thankful for the bed at my sister's house which is like my second bed. 
  29. I am grateful that my car keeps working. 
  30. I am grateful that the girl I love is gay. 
  31. I am so very thankful that she loves me. 
  32. Even though being gay can be super hard, I am grateful to be gay. 
  33. I am thankful for two hour church. 
  34. I am thankful for Jason and his family. 
  35. I am grateful for Elder Holland, his understanding of mental illnesses and the hope that he offers. 
  36. I am grateful for public transportation. 
  37. I am grateful for light. 
  38. I am grateful that mental illness is becoming a more common topic of conversation. I can learn from those who have had similar experiences to mine. 
  39. I am thankful that I have a liver, and that I can love. 

No comments:

Post a Comment