Thursday 6 May 2021

Isolation Hotel - The Third Morning

 I promised a more interesting day yesterday.

First, I covered the desk with the large paper bags that the food comes in, so I can paint!



Then, I did some painting, and had lunch on the balcony:


 The lunch, vegetarian rice bowl, didn't have much flavour.  

Then I went for my COVID test.  Are these trees new?


The line was very long.  I think I waited about 40 minutes in my car, only to be jabbed in the back of the throat with a swab...  I know, they are just doing their job.  That's what I signed up for...  Still doesn't make it pleasant.  On the way back to the hotel, I passed a group of people protesting the new restriction, one wearing a shirt which read, "Jesus is my vaccination." 

Painting:




When I woke up this morning, I had a message on my phone: COVID test = Negative!  Yay!

I am hoping that means I get to go home soon!  But, just like getting here, leaving is a multistep process.  First I called 811, they can submit a change to my prison release date, and then I will be free to go...  once I pack everything up. 

Breakfast this morning, scrambled eggs:


Again, the menu promised mushrooms...  I was looking forward to the mushrooms.  I suspect the quality of food preparation decreases when individuals are not paying for their food, and have no interactions with the cooks.  Well, I am trying not to be too picky, and as nice as it is to have someone cook for me, and not worry about washing dishes, I am looking forward to going home and making my own food.  The only food I've really enjoyed since being here was the vegetarian lasagna, which I ordered again for lunch today.  I wonder if I'll get it before I leave?


I'd like to thank Little Mermaid for teaching me the true purpose of a dinglehopper.  I forgot my comb, but the hotel kindly provided me a dinglehopper with each meal.  


Well, I guess it is time to start packing! 

No comments:

Post a Comment