Monday 15 June 2020

Rhubarb Muffins - Vegan and Low-Fat

Try as I might, I couldn't find a low fat, vegan rhubarb muffin recipe, so I had to create my own. I was happy how these turned out moist, yummy and fluffy! Here's the recipe:

1 1/2 cups rhubarb chopped into 1 cm cubes
3/4 cups sugar
1 cup apple sauce 
2 teaspoons vanilla
1/4 cup soy milk
1 3/4 cups flour 
2 Tablespoons ground flax seed
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
A pinch of salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon (optional)

Lightly grease a muffin tin, or line it with paper liners. Preheat the over to 325 F. 

Sprinkle 1/4 cup sugar over the chopped rhubarb and set aside. 
Mix the other 1/2 cup of rhubarb with the apple sauce, milk and vanilla. Add flour, flax, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. Mix partially.  Add the rhubarb mixture and mix until just combined. 
Spoon batter equally into the 12 muffin cups. Bake on a middle shelf until done. 

No comments:

Post a Comment